DIỄN ĐÀN NÂNG TẦM TRI THỨC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AT YOUR AGE

2 posters

Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty AT YOUR AGE

Post  shinichi_kid2406 Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Father: You know, Tom, when Lincoln was your age he was a very good pupil. In fact, he was the best pupil in his class.
Tom: Yes, father. I know. But when he was your age, he was President of the United States.

Bố: Này Tom, hồi ông Lincoln bằng tuổi con th́ đă là một tṛ ngoan rồi. Thật ra, ông ấy học giỏi nhất lớp đấy.

Tom: Vâng, con biết ạ. nhưng khi ông ta bằng tổi bố, ông ấy đă làm đến Tổng thống nước Mỹ rồi cơ.
shinichi_kid2406
shinichi_kid2406
Profession member
Profession member

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty GIFTS FOR MOTHER

Post  shinichi_kid2406 Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother. The first son said: “ I built a big house for our mother” The second son said: “ I sent Mom a Mercedes with a driver.” The third son said: “ You remember how our mother enjoys reading the Bible.

Now she can’t see very well. So I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. The Elders at the church spent twelve years to teach him. Mama just has to name the chapter and the verse and the parrot recites it.” Soon thereafter, their mother sent out her letters of thanks.
“William,” she wrote, “ the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house.”
“Arnold, she said, “ I am too old to travel. I stay most of the time at home so I rarely use the Mercedes. That driver is so rude, he is a pain!”
“ But David,” she said, “ the chicken was delicious”

Các món quà tặng mẹ Ba người con trai rời gia đ́nh ra đời lập nghiệp và đều thành đạt. Họ bàn với nhau về những món quà mà họ có thể dành tặng cho người mẹ già của ḿnh. Người con trưởng nói: “ Anh sẽ xây cho mẹ chúng ta một ngôi nhà lớn.” Người con thứ hai nói: “ C̣n em sẽ gửi cho mẹ một chiếc Mercedes và một tài xế.” Người con thứ ba nói: “ Các anh có c̣n nhớ là mẹ chúng ta thích đọc Kinh thánh như thế nào không. Mà bây giờ mắt mẹ không được tốt lắm. Bởi vậy em sẽ gửi cho mẹ một con vẹt đặc biệt, nó có thể đọc thuộc ḷng toàn bộ Thánh kinh. Những người cao tuổi ở nhà thờ đó đă mất mười hai năm để dạy nó. Mẹ chỉ cần nêu tên chương mục là con vẹt sẽ đọc cho mẹ nghe.” Sau đó không lâu, người mẹ gửi cho họ những bức thư cảm ơn như sau: “ William,” bà viết, “ṭa nhà con xây quá rộng. Mẹ chỉ ở mỗi một pḥng, nhưng phải lau dọn cả ngôi nhà.” “ Arnold, mẹ quá già để đi du lịch. Mẹ gần như ở nhà suốt ngày nên rất hiếm khi mẹ dùng chiếc Mercedes. Gă tài xế đó rất thô lỗ, hắn là một nỗi khổ tâm của mẹ!” “Nhưng David, con gà đó th́ rất ngon.”
shinichi_kid2406
shinichi_kid2406
Profession member
Profession member

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty HANDWRITING

Post  shinichi_kid2406 Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 pm

“Sir” hissed the lawyer, “do you swear this is not your signature?”
“Yes.”
“Is it not your handwriting?”
“Nope”
“You take your solemn oath that this writing does not resemble yours in a single particular?”
“Yes”
“How can you be certain?”, demanded the lawyer.
“I can’t write,” smiled the man.

Chữ viết tay “Thưa ngài,” luật sư rít lên giận dữ, “ngài có dám thề rằng đây không phải là chữ kư của ngài không?” “Vâng” “Đó không phải là chữ viết của ngài sao?” “Hoàn toàn không.” “Ngài thề danh dự rằng chữ viết này không hề giống chữ của Ngài một chút nào chứ?” “Vâng” “Sao ngài có thể chắc chắn như vậy?”, vị luật sư hỏi. “Tôi không biết viết.” người đàn ông mỉm cười.

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
shinichi_kid2406
shinichi_kid2406
Profession member
Profession member

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty QUESTIONS JOKES

Post  shinichi_kid2406 Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:10 pm

A lawyer and a blonde are sitting next to each other on a long flight from LA to NY. The lawyer leans over to her and asks if she would like to play a fun game. The blonde just wants to take a nap, so she politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists and explains that the game is really easy and a lot of fun. He explains "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and visa-versa." Again, she politely declines and tries to get some sleep.

The lawyer, now somewhat agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $50!" figuring that since she is a blonde that he will easily win the match. This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring that there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game.

The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches in to her purse, pulls out a five-dollar bill and hands it to the lawyer.

Now, it's the blonde's turn. She asks the lawyer: "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?" The lawyer looks at her with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references. He taps into the Airphone with his modem and searches the Net and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends E-mails to all his coworkers and friends he knows. All to no avail. After over an hour, he wakes the blonde and hands her $50. The blonde politely takes the $50 and turns away to get back to sleep.

The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, so what is the answer!?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5, and goes back to sleep.
shinichi_kid2406
shinichi_kid2406
Profession member
Profession member

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty SECRET

Post  shinichi_kid2406 Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:24 pm

A man was telling one of his friends the secret of his contented married life.
“My wife makes all the small decisions,” he explained. “and I make all the big ones, so we never interfere in each other’s business and never get annoyed with each other. We have no complains and no arguments.

“That sounds reasonable,” answered his friend sympathetically, “And what sort of decisions does your wife make?” “Well” answered the man. “she decides what jobs I apply for, what sort of house we live in, what furniture we have, where we go for your holidays, and things like that.” His friend was surprised. “Oh!” he said “ And what do you consider important decisions then?” “Well” answered the man, “ I decide who should be Prime Minister, whether we should increase our help to poor countries, what we should do about the atom bomb, and things like that.”
shinichi_kid2406
shinichi_kid2406
Profession member
Profession member

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty Re: AT YOUR AGE

Post  nana9x Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:10 am

1. Money And Friends

"Since he lost his money, half his friends don't know him any more"

"And the other half ?"

"They don't know yet that has lost it"

1.Tiền và bạn

- Từ ngày hắn mất tiền, phân nửa bạn bè của hắn không c̣n biết tới hắn nữa.

- C̣n nửa kia ?

- Họ chưa biết là hắn đă mất tiền.

2. Father Wants To Go To Bed

Next-door Neighbor's Little Boy : "Father say could you lend him your cassette player for tonight ?"

Heavy - Metal Enthusiast : "Have you a party on ?"

Little Boy : "Oh, no. Father only wants to go to bed ".

2.Bố cháu muốn đi ngủ

Chú bé hàng xóm cạnh nhà : - Bố cháu hỏi tối nay chú có thể cho bố cháu mượn cái cassette được không ạ ?

Người mê nhạc rock nặng : - Bộ nhà cháu có tiệc tùng ǵ hả ?

Chú bé: - Ồ không, bố cháu chỉ muốn đi ngủ.

nana9x

Back to top Go down

AT YOUR AGE Empty Re: AT YOUR AGE

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum